Guidance for residents and visitors
- Officials provided an update at 5 p.m. about the response to this incident. Watch the update here.
- SEPTA is adding extra capacity and service. Residents are encouraged to use SEPTA as an alternative means of travel.
- All lanes of I-95 are closed in both directions between Woodhaven and Aramingo exits.
- Some streets in the surrounding area are closed for the emergency response.
- Closures may change as the response continues. Travelers are encouraged to follow local news and PennDOT’s Twitter account or website (pa.gov/i95updates).
- Due to the current closure of I-95, complimentary parking is available at some PPA-operated SEPTA train station lots until further notice:
- Fern Rock Rail Station – 10th & Nedro Streets
- Fox Chase Rail Station – 500 Rhawn Street
- Torresdale Rail Station – 4900 Grant Avenue
- Travelers should expect delays and plan alternative travel routes, especially while planning for their weekday commute.
- Residents should continue to set their trash and recycling collections out as normal on their regular trash day and at their regular pickup site. Residents in the northeast area of the city should expect delays in collections. The Streets Department is assessing which areas will be impacted as sanitation trucks will have to be diverted to alternative travel routes. Follow the Streets Department on Twitter for updates.
Detour routes from Penndot
- I-95 Southbound: Route 63 West (Woodhaven Road), U.S. 1 South, 76 East, 676 East
- I-95 Northbound: I-676 West, I-76 West, U.S. 1 North to Route 63 East (Woodhaven Road)
- Visit pa.gov/i95updates for the latest updates on detours and closures
Philadelphia Police Detour and Closure Info along I-95Philadelphia Police will have the following closures and detours in place if you are travelling on I-95 in the area of the Cottman Avenue exit. Police will be located along the detour route. Local businesses and deliveries will be provided access. Expect delays along the detour and note these are subject to change.
- Castor Avenue on-ramp for I-95 northbound
- Aramingo Avenue/I-95 on and off-ramps
- On-ramp to I-95 northbound closed
- Betsy Ross off-ramp to I-95 northbound closed
- Bridge Street ramp
- I-95 on-ramp at Bridge Street closed.
- All traffic on Tacony Street will flow northbound only from Bridge Street to New State Road.
- Tacony Street and Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
- Tacony Palmyra Bridge traffic onto Tacony Street closed. All traffic continues westbound onto Levick Street.
- Cottman Avenue exit and State Road closures
- State Road from Cottman Avenue to Longshore Avenue will be one-way, southbound travel only.
- Southbound I-95 detour
- Exit I-95 southbound at Cottman Avenue.
- At the end of the ramp, right on Bleigh Street.
- Follow Bleigh to State Road, make a left onto State.
- Travel State Road South to Longshore Avenue.
- Re-enter I-95 southbound at State Road and Longshore Avenue.
- Northbound I-95 detour
- Exit I-95 at Aramingo Avenue.
- At the end of the ramp, make a left onto Aramingo Avenue.
- Follow Aramingo Avenue to Tacony Street. Turn right.
- Take Tacony Street northbound around Tacony-Palmyra Bridge loop to New State Road. Continue northbound.
- Travel New State Road to Milnor Street and re-enter I-95 northbound.
In mid-November 2018, 45 students from Alfred State College of Technology visited our Rochester location to get a hands-on look at what it is like to work as a full-time diesel technician. Broken up into 3 separate groups, the students were able to rotate around to different parts of the shop and see what a potential future with Penn Power Group would look like.
About PENN Power Group
Penn Power Group - Fleet Services has been in business for over 50 years representing leading industry genuine brands and offering the best parts.